YESHUA JESUS IS THE VERY PERSON OF YHWH
YESHUA JESUS IS THE VERY PERSON OF YHWH
1. He is the great I AM YHWH, Exodus 3:14; John 8:58-59.
2. He is YHWH
a. Psalm 23:1 The Good Shepherd, see John 10:11.
b. Is 44:6 The First and The Last, see Revelations 1:17.
c. Joel 3:12 The Judge, see Matthews 25:31.
d. Isaiah 62:5 The Bridegroom, see Matthews 25:1.
e. Psalm 27:1 The Light, see John 8:12.
f. Isaiah 43:11 The Savior, see John 4:42.
g. Isaiah 42:8 God’s Glory, see John 17:5.
h. 1 Sam 2:6 Giver of Life, see John 5:21.
3. He is equal to and the same as YHWH God, John 5:18 “Making himself equal with God,” Zechariah 13:7; John 10:30,33; Philippians 2:6.
4. He is one with the Abba Father YHWH, John 10:30-33.
5. He is the Messiah God.
6. He is worthy of honor which is due only to God, John 5:22-23.
7. He is worthy of worship:
a. Mother of James and John Matthews 20:20.
b. Gerasene demoniac Mark 5:6.
c. Blind man Matthews 28:17.
d. Doubting Thomas John 20:28.
e. The woman at the tomb Matthews 28:9.
f. Canaanite woman Matthews 15:25.
g. The Disciples Matthews 14:33.
h. The healed leper Matthews 8:2.
i. Rich young ruler Matthews 9:18.
8. He has equal authority with God, Matthews 24:35; 28:18.
9. He is the object of prayer as God, John 14:13-14.
10. He is the Judge of the angels and all the people in the Last Day:
a. John 5:23.
b. Romans 14:8-12 “For if we live, we live to the Lord (Yeshua Jesus); and if we die, we die to the Lord (Yeshua Jesus). Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.”
c. John 5:26-27 “For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.”
11. He is the very person and the very form of God, Philippians 2:5-6 “Who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God.”
12. Although as incarnate “son of man” He was humble of no reputation, yet He will come (the Second Coming) in His glory (the Glory of God,) Philippians 2:7.
13. He humbled Himself:
a. In emptying himself—laying aside the effulgence of his glory.
b. In being incarnate—taking upon him the human form.
c. In becoming a servant—assuming the lowest innocent character.
d. In condescending to die, to which he was not naturally liable, as having never sinned, and therefore had a right in his human nature to immortality, without passing under the empire of death.
e. In condescending, not only to death, but to the suffering of extreme painful whipping and the death of the cross; the punishment of criminals without committing any sin of any kind.
14. He said that His Father (Abba YHWH) is greater than all. As Yeshua Jesus was vested in our humble humanity, Abba YHWH was greater. But, at the very same time, He was the very person of YHWH, John 10:29.
15. He and Abba YHWH are One, John 10:30-31; 17:11, 22.
16. He showed His divinity by many supernatural miraculous good works, John 10:32.
17. He and Abba YHWH are One, John 10:30.
18. It was not robbery for Jesus to be the very person of God. Jesus Yeshua did not covet or thought to seize or desired to be One with God, because it was His essence and right as YHWH God, Philippians 2:7-8.
19. He is superior to Moses.
20. He is superior to Aaron.
21. He is superior to Abraham, Isaiah 52:13: "Behold, my servant will deal prudently." John 8:58: “Yeshua Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’”
22. He is superior to the angels:
a. Christ Is Greater Than the Angels, Hebrews 1:1-3.
b. He has a more excellent name than they, Hebrews 1:4, 5.
c. The angels of God adore Yeshua Jesus, Hebrews 1:6.
d. The angels were created by Yeshua Jesus, Hebrews 1:7.
e. Yeshua Jesus, in his human nature, he was endowed with greater gifts (powers and glory) than they, Hebrews 1:8, 9.
f. He is eternal, Hebrews 1:10, 11, 12.
g. He is more highly exalted than the angels, Hebrews 1:13.
h. The angels are only the servants of God, i.e., His servants Hebrews 1:14.
23. His divinity was confirmed by miracles and good works, Hebrews 2:4.
24. He, although in the flesh as a weak man, proved to be YHWH. “What is man, You madest him a little lower than the angels, Hebrews 2:6, 7. By his death and resurrection, He overcame all the powers of the enemies, and broke the power of death and Satan. Therefore, He must be greater than the angels, Hebrews 2:9. He appeared weak, but proved that He is the Mighty God.
25. He is greater than Moses.
a. Moses was a servant of God, Jesus is God, Hebrews 3:2-6.
b. Psalm 95:7-11; Hebrews 2:10-18; 3:7-18; 4:1-13.
26. He is greater than Aaron, and all the High Priests combined.
a. He has not gone through the veil of the tabernacle to make an atonement for sin, but has entered for this purpose into heaven itself, Hebrews 4:14.
b. Because He is the Son of God, Hebrews 4:14.
c. Because it is from Him we are to implore grace and mercy, Hebrews 4:15, 16, and 4:1, 2, 3.
d. Because he was consecrated High Priest by God himself, Hebrews 5:4-10.
e. Because he is not a priest according to the order of Aaron, but according to the order of Melchizedec, which was much eternal (without beginning), and much more noble, Hebrews chap. 7:26.
f. Because He is the Real Priest, of whom the others before Him were but types and shadows, Hebrews 8:1-9:11.
27. People must have and retain faith in Jesus, the true Messiah, Hebrews 10:19-23; 10:38; 12:2.
28. Disobedience to Jesus is disobedience to God and it will incur the punishment of God, Hebrews 10:32-37; 12:3-12.
29. Yeshua is declared the very Son of God (God of God), Hebrews 1:5 “You are my Son, this day have I begotten you. Psalm 2:7; Acts 13:33; Romans 1:4.
30. 2 Samuel 7:14 shows us that the seed which God promised to David, and who was to sit upon his throne, and whose throne should be established for ever, was not Solomon, but Jesus Christ; and indeed he quotes the words so as to intimate that they were so understood by the Jews. See among the observations at the end of the chapter.
31. He is worshiped by all the angels. Psalm 97:7: Worship him, all ye gods; which the Septuagint translate thus: Worship him, all ye his angels; but it is not clear that the Messiah is intended in this psalm, nor are the words precisely those used here by the apostle. Deuteronomy 32:43.
32. Deuteronomy 32:43, Rejoice, ye heaven, together with him; and let all the ... Rejoice, O ye nations, with angels of God worship Him. Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people...his people; and let the children of God be strengthened ... for he will avenge in him; for he will avenge the blood of his children; the blood of his servants; and will render He will avenge, and will repay judgment to his adversaries vengeance to his adversaries and those who hate him will he recompense: ... will be merciful to his land and to his people and the Lord will purge the land of his people. See also Romans 15:10.
33. Yeshua’s throne is God’s throne. Hebrews 1:8 “Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever.” Psalm 45:6, 7, the Aramaic Targum says: "Thy beauty, ‘malca Meshiha,’ O King Messiah, is greater than the children of men."
34. Yeshua has all power in Heaven and Earth. Matthew 28:18: All power is given unto me, both in Heaven and Earth. My throne, i.e. my dominion, extends from the creation to the consummation of all things. These I have made, and these I uphold; and from the end of the world, throughout eternity, I shall have the same glory—sovereign, unlimited power and authority, which I had with the Father before the world began; John 17:5.
35. Yeshua Jesus sits at the right hand of God, which is indicative that He has all authority in heaven and on earth. Psalm 110:7 “Sit thou on my right hand,” Acts 2:34; Ephesians 1:20; Philippians 2:9.
36. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH. He calls Himself the Son (Matthew 28:18-20), "All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
37. YHWH called Yeshua Jesus “My beloved Son.” This title denotes the nearness as the Son and the intimacy as in love, Hebrews 1:2. It implies that Yeshua Jesus is equal with God, Hebrews 1:5-8, John 9:29-33, John 19:7.
38. YHWH expressed that He is “well pleased in Yehsua.” This indicates that Yeshua Jesus fulfills God’s Will of Pleasure. Humans, initially wanted to obey God and fulfill His Will of Pleasure, but after about one hundred years, Eve then Adam sinned, hence they fulfilled God’s Will of Decree and not God’s Will of Pleasure. YHWH came in the flesh as Yeshua Jesus and He fulfilled God’s Will of Pleasure, hence He redeemed the faithful believers in Him. John 10:30.
39. No one had seen YHWH God, but Yeshua Jesus is the very person of YHWH, He sees YHWH who is Himself. Exodus 33:20, 1 Timothy 6:16.
40. Anyone who had seen Yeshua Jesus had seen God. God is invisible; no human eyes have seen him; but Yeshua Jesus is in the form God. John 14:6-11 demonstrate to us the Yeshua Jesus is YHWH as Abba is YHWH: “Yeshua Jesus said to him (the Apostle Thomas), "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." The Apostle Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Yeshua Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.”
41. Yeshua Jesus saw YHWH intimately and not only externally. He was therefore fitted to make a fuller manifestation of him. John 5:37; 6:46; 1 John 4:12; Exodus 33:20; John 14:9. Compare this with Numbers 12:8 and Isaiah 6:1-13.
42. Yeshua Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God, John 1:14. This shows that Yeshua Jesus is the Real Son of God (God of God). He is not to be compared with the faithful believers who are sons of God by adoption, or the angels who may be called sons of God by creation. Yeshua is the very person of YHWH. Since He manifested Himself out of Himself YHWH, hence He is called properly the only begotten Son of God, 1 John 4:9.
43. Yeshua Jesus knew the nature of man as God does, John 2:23-25; 1 Samuel 16:7; 1 Chronicles 28:9; 29:17; Jeremiah 17:9, 10; Matthew 9:4; Luke 16:30; Acts 1:24; Revelation 2:23. He knew what was in man because he had made all John 1:3; Jeremiah 17:10; Psalm 139.
44. Yeshua Jesus declared that He is the very Son of God, John 5:18 “For this reason the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because he was not only breaking the Sabbath, but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God.” He is testified by the Apostles and the disciples who witnessed His miracles, teaching, and healing supernatural powers that He is the Son of God, i.e., God YHWH, Acts 9:20; Romans 1:1-4; Revelation 2:18.
45. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH the Creator of the Sabbath. He is the Lord of the Sabbath. He affirmed, in John 5:17, that he had the same power over the Sabbath that his Abba YHWH had.
46. He has the same exact authority and glory as YHWH because He is YHWH Himself. “All things that the Father hath are mine,” John 16:15. If Christ had not been equal to God, could he have said this without blasphemy?
47. He speaks of Himself, not as a messenger sent by God, but as God Himself, John 10:42.
48. He is the Eternal High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek, Hebrews 4:15.
49. He is equal with the Father, possessing the same attributes, and the same power, John 1:1, Philippians 2:6.
50. Yeshua Jesus who is YHWH raises the dead, John 5:21.
51. Yeshua Jesus who is YHWH the Judge has the authority to judge for sin and to forgive of sin, John 5:22. The power of judging the world implies ability to search the heart, and omniscience to understand the motives of all actions. This is a work which none other than YHWH God can do. This shows, therefore, that the Son is equal to the Father.
52. No one can forgive sin except YHWH God. Yeshua Jesus is God, He forgives our sins when we believe and repent. “We know that He (Yeshua Jesus) was manifested to take away sins; and in Him is no sin,” (1 John 3:5).
53. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH. All men should honor Him, John 5:23; Romans 14:11-12 “For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.” Isaiah 45:23 “I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.”
54. The use of the preposition “IN” is clearly indicative that Yeshua Jesus is YHWH. John 5:26-27 “For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.” It is IN Christ Yeshua as it is IN God. The prophets and apostles are never represented as having such divine power in themselves. They were messengers and they are dependent on the name of Yeshua Jesus, Acts 3:6, 4:30, 16:18. Jesus did His miracles and prophecies in own name, authority, and power.
55. Yeshua Jesus speaks and it is done, just as God speaks and it is done, Mark 5:41, Luke 7:14, John 11:43.
56. Jesus did the same works of Abba YHWH. “My Father works hitherto, and I work.” John 5:17. The works of his Father are those which God only can do. This means that Yeshua Jesus is equal with God, who is Jesus, John 10:37; 10:39.
57. Yeshua Jesus relation to YHWH is one of exact equality with Him, John 1:14, 18; Matthew 11:27; Luke 10:22; 13:22; 2 Peter 1:17; Matthew 11:27.
58. Yeshua Jesus is the Mediator between God and man. He alone is our Redeemer, 1 Corinthians 3:23.
59. Yeshua Jesus, the Lamb of God is worshiped in heaven as on earth, Revelation 7:12; 5:12.
60. Yeshua Jesus is the image (manifestation - exact representation) of the invisible God.
61. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
62. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH the Savior of all those who believe in Him.
63. Yeshua Jesus is the only human (YHWH) who is sinlessness. He is absolutely holy. He is “a lamb without blemish and without spot' (1 Pet 1:19). He did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: who, when He was reviled, reviled not again (1 Pet 2:22, 23). Yeshua Jesus suffered for sins once (received the penalty of our sins), the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God' (1 Pet 3:18).
64. Yeshua Jesus is the Holy One of God, i.e., He is YHWH God. “We have believed and know that you are the Holy One of God,” John 6:69; Luke 1:49; 1 Peter 1:15; John 17:11; Rev. 4:8; Rev. 6:10.
65. Yeshua is YHWH who regenerates and adopts those who believe in Him. “If you know that He is righteous, you know that every one also that does righteousness is begotten of Him (Yeshua Jesus),” 1 John 2:29.
66. Yeshua Jesus performed miracles as the very person of YHWH God.
67. God is life (Jeremiah 10:10). Yeshua Jesus is the only person who is life-giver.
68. God is self-existent (Exodus 3:14). Jesus Yeshua was not only before Abraham was, but before the Creation of the heavens and the earth. He is YHWH the Creator of time.
69. God is truth (Deuteronomy 32:4; John 17:3). Yeshua Jesus is the Truth and there is no truth outside of Him. He is YHWH God.
70. God is love (1 John 4:8). Yeshua Jesus is love. He loved us and willingly suffered and died on the Cross to save us. No one can have love like Him.
71. God is eternal, (Psalm 90:2). Yeshua Jesus is eternal.
a. 2 Timothy 2:10 “Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.”
b. 1 Peter 5:10 “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.”
c. 1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true YHWH God and the eternal life.”
72. God is holy (1 Peter 1:16; 1 John 1:5). Yeshua Jesus is holy.
73. The Holy Spirit YHWH is the very Spirit of Christ, 1 Peter 1:11, who is the same in the Hebrew prophets, pointing forward to the sufferings and glories of Christ.
74. Yeshua Jesus is YHWH who sits in the human flesh of Yeshua Jesus at the right hand (i.e., place of authority) of Abba YHWH. This does not imply a stratification of ranks, but that Yeshua Jesus, in the human flesh, is the very person of YHWH as He is praying for us, Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1.
75. YHWH God gave us His Revelation (Scriptures). Yeshua Jesus is YHWH who wrote the Scriptures through the prophets and the Apostles, 2 Corinthians 13:3.
(Marana Tha = Our Lord Had Come)